going green - it's easier than you think . . .
Everyone can do their part to help out the environment. Here are some tips to help you do yours:
- Reduce or eliminate the use of paper towels by getting a supply of light-weight, easy care cotton swatches to use in place of paper towels.
- Eliminate the use of disposable napkins by using washable cotton napkins.
- Replace at least one chemical cleanser with an environmentally friendly, all-natural cleanser.
- Put up a clothes line to reduce the use of your dryer and cut down on electrical use while saving money on your light bill.
- If you have to use the dryer, make sure it is full when drying a load of clothes to reduce the number of loads dried.
- Recycle plastic containers and metal cans to reduce the amount of waste going into landfills.
- Buy reusable containers to pack and store food items in to reduce the use of plastic bags.